The year is coming to a close and as always I will recap my top picks of all the music released this year. A lot of good music was released this year; so much that I didn’t really catch everything that came out. It was really impossible for me to really digest all the music that was being released. Some projects I listened to once and never got a chance to listen again. Then there’s some albums that I’ve loved after the first listen and kept in rotation. There were so many short EPs that I loved and decided to not include on this list. This list was for albums only and they aren’t in any particular order.
- Victory Lap – Nipsey Hussle ( My favorite album of the year! No doubt about it!)
- Daytona – Pusha T
- Redemption – Jay Rock
- Championship – Meek Mill
- Period – City Girls
- Freedom Summer – Trans Lee
- Luca Brasi 3 – Kevin Gates
- East Atlanta love letter – 6lack
- K.T.S.E – Teyana Taylor
- Saturn – Nao
- Passion Like Fire – Tamia
- Black Denim – Deandre
- Platinum Fire – Arin Ray
- The Kids Are Alright – Chloe x Halle
Honorable Mention and I mean very honorable, but she still hasn’t given us one full body of work and I’m tired of H.E.R.! Girl grace us with a great FULL body of work already. I’ve loved everything she’s put out, but give us the album! I couldn’t make a list without adding her name. Shout out to H.E.R for being simply amazing.
Favorite Songs of the Year
- Boo’d Up – Ella Mai
- Gonna Love me – Teyana Taylor
- As I Am – HER
- I’ll Take Yo man – City Girls
- Dedication – Nipsey Hussle
- Win – Jay Rock
- Sicko mode – Travis Scott feat Drake
- Nice for What – Drake
- I Like It – Cardi B
- Feel Like Summer – Childish Gambino
- Pick Yourself Up- Big K.R.I.T.
- Smile Bitch – Lil Duval
Overall, this was a great year for music. A bit overwhelming with all of the music coming out at such a rapid rate, but a great year.
What were some of your favorite albums and songs of 2018?